SoCal Commuter

Bikes: Surly Crosscheck single/9 speed convertible, Novara Buzz beater

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Howdy from Sothern California

Hey everybody;

I'm DanO, and I'm a bike-a-holic. If I'm not riding there's a good chance I'm thinking
about bicycling - that or guitars, cameras, air pistols and Jesus, in no particular order.

I've been riding road bikes for twenty-something years... starting in my late teens.
I've never joined a club or taken up racing, so I'd catagorize myself as a commuter/cruiser.
Of course there was that period in the early eighties when I was into strafing the local
birdle trails on a beat up Schwinn Continental with the handlebars turned up hippie style.
There was no one around to tell me I needed a mountain bike for going off road (that's if
they were even making them back then). There were also no whinin', tree hugginers and/or
rich equestrian snobs with enough old money and influence to have me run off for simply
being there. I actually remember a few friendly exchanges when I'd pull off to the side to
give right of way to the folks on horseback. But I digress.

I'm long grown up now and the hectic life dictates that I get most of my cycling in on the
way to or from work. I'll try and post a couple jpg's of my purpose built commuter.

All the best. DanO