Old 03-07-01, 05:24 PM
junebride

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
loyal, i found this link on conversion kits for you:

http://www.currietech.com/e-conversionkit.html

this is the kit i use on my electric-assisted commuter bike (specialized hardrock). like i said in my post above, i've been pleased with it. really makes the commute fun, easy, and enjoyable.

one thing to note is, if you have a small-framed mtb, say under 19", you may need to mount the battery pack on a rear rack instead of the seat tube (as pictured elsewhere on currie's site). but this won't affect your ride - simply shifts your center of gravity back a bit.

in terms of your commute, it sounds like you can make a rt on a single charge, but if you find you can't, fast chargers (4-5 hours to full charge) are available for about $80 for re-charging at work. the kit itself does come with a charger - a slow charger (11-12 hours) for overnight charging.

the kit comes with everything you need to convert your bike (including directions). but unless you have an excess of tools, patience, and skill, well - i recommend taking it to a shop to do the install, or even locating a shop before you begin. there's a dealer locater on currie's site. that way you can test ride and also begin a relationship with the local electric vehicle shop - you'll be back for service eventually (unless you do it yourself, because of the electric drivetrain on the rear wheel, there are some procedures that only the e-shop will be able to handle for you).

-jb