Old 06-17-07, 10:19 AM
waybehind

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
howdy from seattle!

hi all!

I got out of riding back in the early 90's after leaving the army.
2 years ago my wife and I bought a couple of mediocre mountain bikes to play around on. While it was fun, I kinda yearned for a road bike. I rather liked the zen of 40 miles every morning before work.

Since my wife has started commuting by bike to work, we decided a better bike was in order for her. Down to the lbs we go yesterday, and she picks out a Schwinn World DBX for herself. Super sweet bike for many types of riding!

Since I was all about hills and speed in my younger, stronger days, I found a Fuji Roubaix Pro that fit pretty well. Except for the "maillot jaune" yellow, it's a nice bike. Carbon fork/seatstays, Ultegra-105 mix, mediocre brakes(tektro), which I'll be replacing, and Alex wheelset.

Went for a 10 mile easy flat ride to get used to the bike and the crank brothers pedals. Wife was making sure her bike was setup ok for her. Being as I'm over 40 now
(wife is 27), and not in very good shape at all, I wondered if I could even ride 10 miles.
I needn't have worried, as neither of us even broke a sweat.

You know, I realized how much I enjoyed riding, and wondered why I ever stopped. The bike felt really good.

It's good to be back in the saddle, tweaking my riding position, wondering where the good hills are.
My only worry is car traffic, and the bad rep cyclists here get from idiot stop sign/light runners, 3 and 4 abreast riders closing down lanes for everyone else and that sort of thing. Not too sure I like being associated with the "spandex warrior" crowd, and even if I look like one, I certainly won't act like one.

Anyway......enough of my babbling.
I hope to meet some of you on the road here!
Cheers!