stonecrd
OnTheRoad or AtTheBeach

Bikes: Ridley Noah RS, Scott CR1 Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pulled the Trigger on a New Bike

Went out this weekend and looked at bikes and came home with one. As I mentioned in a previous thread I had a list which recently I shortened down to: 1. Scott CR1, 2. Specialized Tarmac Pro 3. New Trek Madone 5.2.

In the end both the Trek and the Scott were in my price range but I have been looking at the Scott for a long time so my heart was more in that direction. The final decision though actually had nothing to do with the bike but was completely based on the LBS. The place that was selling the Trek barely acknowledged my presence did not want to provide a test ride and didn't even mention fitting? The LBS that had the Scott went out of their way to check my measurements, put platforms on the bike and said take it for a ride without asking and once I pulled the trigger spent an hour doing a full fitting. So in the end both bikes looked great, both bikes had similar specs but the LBS service is what made me buy the Scott.

So now I am a proud owner of a Scott CR1 Pro, full Ultegra drive train and Mavic Elite wheels. Took it for a 40mile ride yesterday and boy it was sweet. The drive train is extra smooth, the bike is very stiff yet I don't feel much road noise at all. Climbing (the little I do) requires a lot less effort than my older bike.

I'll post some pictures later in the week when I get a chance

2013 Noah RS