Ginny
Down 10# and 11 inches

Bikes: Jamis, Specialized, CoMotion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oldacura
Ginny - you say you live in Denver-ish - don't know exactly where that is.

There is a ride that Lisa & I do about once/year - usually in the fall when the cottonwoods are changing. Basically, you can do a big loop around Denver on the Platte River bikeway, the Cherry Creek bikeway & the Highline Canal trail. We often start at Confluence Park (the confluence of the Platte & Cherry Creek) but you can start & end anywhere along the route. The amazing thing is that it does a 60 mile loop around Denver, there are virtually no hills & there is only 1 very short section where you ride with traffic (near the intersection of Hampden & Colorado Boulevard). We usually ride without helmets! (there, I've confessed). The scenery is varied & interesting - from the very industrial sections along the Platte to the very upscale neighborhoods in Cherry Hills. You can also ride any section of this as an out & back. There are several departures from the route where you can get food & drink. Much of the Highline Canal Trail is hard-packed dirt but you can easily ride with skinny, hard tires at 10 - 15 mph or so.

Anyway, it's a great ride. Let me know if you want more info on the route.
I'm in Littleton and we do that ride a couples time a year on the singles. We start at our house, Bear Creak to Platte to Cherry Creek to Highline to 470/Columbine trail to Kipling and up Kipling to our house at Kip & Belleview. We stopped for lunch at a restaurant once last year. 67 miles for us.
We'll have to do that one in August, lots less time now than we used to have.