Old 06-26-07, 11:18 AM
Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
There have been a number of posts telling Yen to put on tires like 1.5" slicks, less tread, between 25mm to 38mm.

The 2006 Cypress SX that I rode had tires like this as standard equipment. It had 700x35 (1.4") tires with a light multi-purpose tread. But some 2006 models have 700x40, so it is possible that Yen's have those. If they are the 700x40 Comfort Cross Slime-filled tires, then they are a bit wide and heavy. Going to something like a 700x32 would lighten the bike and let it roll a little easier.
Tom - Yep, I believe i have 70x40 slime-filled Michelin tires but I'll know for sure later when I pick it up from the shop (I'm embarrassed that I don't know this now....... I should know this!).

I like Dellphinus' suggestion of 1.5 Armadillos tires. We ride on the road but it seems everywhere we go around here we encounter gravel and glass in our path.

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
As to doing a century on a hybrid, for me the odds of completing a century on a hybrid would be more than 1000% higher than doing it on a road bike.
Amen, brother!