Old 06-26-07, 09:28 PM
MNBikeguy

Bikes: 05 Trek 5200, 07 Trek 520, 99 GT Karakoram, 08 Surly 1X1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
every now and then I get to that same place, legs are just achy screamin at me. If I don't ride it seems to take MUCH longer to recover. I just ride it off. Not your avg recovery ride, really small twiddlin gear (low 60s) at 75 rpm, no higher, no real hills, back off even further on any upgrades, no higher than 120 on the HRM better at 110, for 1 hour. light icing after the ride for maybe 10 min. and then a very even, not heavy self-massage about 2 or 3 hours after that and some very light overall stretching which sometimes is laying on the carpet and melting into it. Couple of IBUs just before bed.
3 sometimes 4 days of that and I'm ready to go again.
Oh, and lotsa hydration... thatz always been my worst thing; I don;t think I ever really stay hydrated as well as I should - just so easy to overlook
Same here.
When the legs are screamin', the next day I take a 10-15 mile slow paced ride and the recovery is almost immediate. I ride the 520 for these rather than the CF roadie, since one time a JAB blew by me while riding the Trek 5200 on one of these recovery rides and he said, "What a waste of a bike." What a jackass..