Old 06-27-07, 12:21 AM
CHARL1E F1VE
New

Bikes: Cannondale Capo (Fixed/Single)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New to Fixed, looking for info on parts and upgrades.

Hello Ladies and Gents, I just finally purchased my new Fixie a few days ago. I love it! I live in downtown Chicago and have been riding a Cannondale F800, Lefty Shock with Street Slicks for the past few years. I have a few friends that own track bikes and I have always been intrigued by them. I sold my bike for a good price ($800) and used that cash to buy my new bike.

After alot of research I decided to go with the Cannondale Capo with a few adjustments/customizations in mind. I dug the Frame, Fork, and Matte Finish. From stock I went to a flip flop (using the fixed side), carbon saddle, removed rear brake and both stock levers (left front brake with center mounted lever). Im not sure if I really like the drop bars and definitely need to upgrade the pedals asap!

And now to my questions,

1. What bars do you recommend? I'd prob be sitting tall most often. mustache? bullhorn?

2. What pedals do you recommend? I own shoes but not sure if they are the best idea for me yet.

3. Where's a good place to buy online?

Anyone from Chicago got any recommendations on good shops?

Thanks in advance for your input. When I get it near finished I'll post some pics.
Charlie Five