Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelhot
its erm good from what I heard, but its not that light and somehow I heard reports of a few minor problems like break-in period
So no experience then?

I have had some cursory experience. In the end it depends on how you ride it. My buddy had it on his downhill bike and loved it. The shifting experience is unique in that you don't have to pedal. i found this exceptional when finding the right gear to blow out of turns. It is heavy but this bike was designed for it to work centred in the bike. The rear wheel was essentially a singlespeed with the hub centred in the frame. It required very little maintenance and overall was very robust. Its biggest selling feature is no chain slapping around and no deraileur to get ripped off in a rock garden.

Its biggest weakness was a "delayed" shift between 6 and 7...(its been a while so I might be incorrect about the gearing) but this delay was kind of annoying when trail riding.

If he had not had a bike balanced for it, I might have disliked it quite a bit. But in the end I didn't notice the weight.

If I had a spare 1300$cdn I would snatch one up in a heart beat.