Old 06-29-07, 02:29 PM
Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For me this comes up from time to time. I stopped biking twenty five years ago when I had just gotten a bike, and three times in one ride someone tried to turn right, right in front of me. It scared me enough to say it just wasn't worth it.

Then two years ago I finally returned. I was nervous at first but gained confidence and now am almost fearless in some absolutely ridiculous situations, such as one street which puts the bike lane in the middle of four lanes, because the road is going to make a V up ahead. The cars on this street are going FAST, and I've got 'em on both sides. But I just pray nothing will go wrong, and go on.

Also, I do things and take chances I wouldn't have taken before, such as riding up the right side of a bus toward the light, things like that.

But my fear returns when on this forum a rash (no pun) of posts occurs which all have to do with getting hit, or falling, etc. These posts seem to come in multiples and then go away for a while. When they get posted, I get a little fearful out there on the streets.

I ride almost exclusively in inner-urban streets.

Proud member of the original Club Tombay