daytonian
elitist jerk

Bikes: CAAD9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
Day 2: 28mi circuit race. I decided to sit in to prep for the monsterous 3rd stage. Result: Fastest recovery ride of my life. 28mi, @ 27.5mph avg. The legs, they felt nifty.

Day 3: 69 miles, 6800ft of climbing. The finishing climb is 2km of steep road. I felt great going into the climb, but it proved too short for my game. I work best with long ass grinders, not relatively short steep stuff. While I could see some guys in front of me starting to crack, the climb was short enough that it didn't matter. In any event I legitimately got my ass handed to me. 20th place today, 1 minute behind the first finisher. Overall, I've moved up from 22nd to 18th on the GC.

Coming into the crit, Penguin feels like he's all talk and no action. The ego, she has been willing. The legs, they are not. 18th on the GC is weaksauce. I'll see what happens in the crit tomorrow.

Weirdest thing seen today: The guy in front of me pissed himself on the last lap. It sprinkled onto my bike and my legs. I was slightly vexed.

That is all.
The weather for todays race: Golden showers in the Northeast!