View Single Post
Old 07-05-07, 08:32 AM
evblazer
Thread Killer

Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My wife (and I be default) got called out around 10:30 last night for 3 different hit animals, most likely loose due to owners not securing them during the fireworks properly. While just in her truck I heard no less then 30 different addresses where there were fireworks complaints. They were still coming in when we got home at almost midnight and even later. When we were leaving the shelter actually had a driveup asking if we had brought in a little shizu or somesuch. They brought it to the fireworks and when the first bang went off the dog went flying. Hadn't found their dog but there were dozens of messages by midnight at the shelter probably lots of lost and found dogs.
Last night the police channel was just full call after call nothing but fireworks complaints. Nothing but a sparkler is legal here but due to the plentiful rain everyone feels they can shoot off fireworks anywhere.
This morning I rode past lots of garbage on the roads; chip bags, folding chair covers and broken folding chairs, bottle rocket remains, sparklers, paper plates. It was just endless is some areas. It was a nice ride though and I made good time.