Old 07-06-07, 09:22 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1452 Post(s)
Liked 2,195 Times in 962 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888 aka Kurt the Campy Meister
With all due respect, I've yet to see those modern Tektro levers on a vintage machine without stopping to think that they look like a cheap bastardization of a Campagnolo Record 10-speed brifter.
Kurt, we know you are a young-buck purest at times and that is OK, but give us old dudes with stiff heavy bodies a break. Despite the look of the Tektro, I can tell you that; 1) they work very well (better than the early '80s DiaComps I was using), 2) they are more comfortable to ride than any other lever/hood combination I own, and 3) they're mounted on a lower end '79 Schwinn Approved 10 speed, let's not fret about style.
Originally Posted by ccl127
Will basically any brand lever fit my bike? My brakes are dia compe. Also, can I use the brake lines that are currently on my bike? Thats for the responses, now I have a decision to make!
Those levers should fit your bars. Your cables/casings should work but might not be the correct length any longer since you are routing them under the bar tape. If these are the original cables/casings I'd say it was time to use new ones. I buy most of my cables and casings from http://www.loosescrews.com/index.cgi...id=42137942560
Originally Posted by ccl127
...if you had regular shoes on, could you ride with those pedals or would it be tough to get a grip?
They work just fine with regular sneakers, street shoes, etc. That's the beauty of their versitility.

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com