View Single Post
Old 07-06-07, 11:14 AM
hubcap
One Man Fast Brick

Bikes: Specialized Langster, Bianchi San Jose, early 90s GT Karakoram, Yuba Mundo, Mercier Nano (mini velo), Nashbar Steel Commuter, KHS Tandemania Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pedals: I like the MKS GR-9 as platforms. Use them with Powergrips and you have an awesome pedalling combo. http://harriscyclery.net/itemdetails.cfm?ID=453

Rack: Lots of decent options out there. Tubus and Old Man Mountain make some great bombproof racks. Surly makes the Nice Rack. Blackburn, Trek, etc. all should be ok. Just be wary of the cheapest thing you come across. Also keep in mind the potential for heel strike if you are using panniers. A longer rack allows you to push the pannier further back.

Fenders: PB Freddies

Panniers: You will get wide variety of opinions of these. Generally, the more expensive brands (Ortlieb, Arkel, etc.) are going to be more durable and water resistant/proof. They also attach more securely to the rack. You have to decide how durable and water resistant you need yours to be. I carry a laptop in mine, so I don't take any chances.