Old 07-06-07, 04:14 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 1,008 Posts
Originally Posted by bobk544
jaxqtr......interesting tire grid info! and i see you have a Specialized Allex Comp, seems like alot of people really like the Allez Comp, can i ask you, if you were going to buy another road bike do you have an short list of what bikes you would be thinking seriously about by any chance?

Thanks again all, great forum!
BobK
Got the tire grid off Sheldon Brown's site.

As far as the road bikes go, I really like the Allez and I would have to say I would look at them again.

Short list of the bikes I have looked at and would consider:
Lemond: Sarthe
Serotta: Custom Steel - Can you go wrong with any one of them
Independent Fabrication - Yet again, Custom Steel.
Co-Motion: Nor'Wester, Espresso
Bianchi: Road Steel models.
Specialized: Allez, Roubaix
Trek: Pilot 5.0 (took a 30 test ride on this bike and it was just outstanding, would have to consider)

As you can tell, I am really leaning toward a steel bike as I am really liking the feel of my steel fork on my hybrid over the feel of the carbon fork on my Allez. I would love to take a long ride on a pure steel bike frame and fork over some of the rough roads I occasionally ride. The hybrid rides much better over those roads as I believe the steel fork absorbs vibration better.

I would even consider just replacing the fork on my Allez with a steel fork as well, I'm sure that would be a subject of conversation at the LBS.