Old 07-09-07, 07:18 AM
CBBaron

Bikes: Pugsley, fixie commuter, track bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zero_Enigma
Just checked out the Makai. It's a ladies helmet. While the BMX/Skaters helmet is nice just looking at it, it does not appeal to me as there isn't much ventilaion in there. Also bike most normal bike backpacks will take a oval or raised back helmet only unless it's build to take full face helmets for DH'ers.
Look again, It comes in a variety of colors and designs. Some appeal to girls/ladies, others are more masculine (black on black flame?). I have the light blue style for my daughter but getting it I really want one for myself. I was looking for a helmet like you describe because my daughter rides in her Burley trailer. This was the best I could find in adult sizes (her head is too big for youth sizes).
However you are correct in that it does not have much venting. It is also heavier than many other helmets as the outer shell is a hard plastic instead of a thin flexible shell. The Metro and Citi are similar only a little more vented and lighter. Still not near as light or vented as my road helmet.
Why the requirement that the helmet is round?

Craig