View Single Post
Old 07-10-07, 06:04 AM
neilfein

Bikes: "Hildy", a Novara Randonee touring bike; a 16-speed Bike Friday Tikit; and a Specialized Stumpjumper frame-based built-up MTB, now serving as the kid-carrier, grocery-getter.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chipcom
Originally Posted by neilfein
II can't stand it when peds on MUPs can't hear me when I need to pass. Do they have a deathwish?
Perhaps they just expect cyclists to have the common courtesy to control their 'need to pass' by slowing down and passing safely while on a shared path. If you wanna race/train/whatever, get off the shared path and onto the road, track or dedicated bike path.
Oh, I do go slow on the MUPs. But these paths are meant to be for peds and cyclists, and some peds act as if they own the path. To be fair, there are cyclists who buzz by every pedestrian as well, and the majority of pedestrians walk on the right and keep aware or their surroundings. I'm mostly concerned with people who look upredictable, and bring their kids who dart out without warning. You're correct, it is a shared path. They should share intelligently. All it takes is one idiot, whether it be cyclist or pedestrian.

My bands: