Turboem1
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Reno

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bikes of the Tour de France

Hey guys I am wondering if anyone knows if or where you can find information on the bikes the pro's in the Tour ride.

I am most interested in the frames they use. It seems like people always say that "race" bikes are not good for long distances. They are to stiff in whatever direction and uncomfortable for long distances. The thing is in the tour they ride like 80 miles a day. Is this because the pro's just deal with any pain because they are in it for the win? They do ride for like 3 weeks straight so is it wrong to assume they need to be comfortable?

Also I am interested if you can find out what saddles they (or a majority) of them use. Same reason. There saddles are all the lightest weight minimalist ones out there yet they ride so much.

I am just a little confused with the comfort vs. performance thing when these guys ride way more then anyone on these forums. They should be the ones needing all the comfort they can get yet they seem to have all the most uncomfortable products out there.

Thanks