Old 07-12-07, 03:29 AM
gr23932
Si se Puede!!!....Ahuevo!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evwxxx
Your campy crank appears to be of the "Super Record" vintage, easily worth more than the whole bike frame you have there. In any case, it will not fit on the current BB spindle you have on the bike, since it appears to be a "cottered" style of crank, and the campy is "cotterless" (the cotter is the pin that holds the crank to the spindle (axle) on older bikes. So, if you want to use the campy crank you will need to use a different spindle made for cotterless cranks, with the correct square taper, and the correct length for your BB so the drive-side crank does not either sit too far out from the BB or too far in so it hits the frame with the chainring teeth. Hopefully your current BB cups can be used, since it is difficult to find new ones (or good used ones) with the correct threading for these older french bikes sometimes. Good luck!
The guy, now my friend, at the LBS gave me the BB that goes with that crank. It's also a Campagnolo and it's complete except for the bearing. After researching here, I've decided that I will be using the campy crank and BB on another project of mine; a Kessels Merckx. Thanks for the info.