Old 07-13-07, 04:45 AM
Schwinnrider
Mirror slap survivor

Bikes: Gunnar Sport, Surly Pacer, Access MTB, Ibex Corrida, one day a Simple City

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by late
They are all good. The Kogswell and Bleriot are 650b, which are wonderful pillow-like tires. Quite addictive. I built up a Bleriot for my wife, and I am livid with jealousy.

But the Surly is also terrific, and just to drive you crazy; the Surly Pacer is
an all rounder. I think it's the best bike Surly makes, check the reviews at Road Bike Review.

You may be underestimating the cost. You planning on using the QBP build program? Get the frame thought them at your LBS and they offer a nice package deal for all the parts needed to turn it into a bike.

I just had a new Pacer built up. Nice frame---it's the new silver one. Looks great, rides great. But, I have it set up as a fast commuter--no rack, just a Carradice Barley. The new bike would need to carry more than that.

I know the cost on a complete LHT is around a grand---but that's the complete LHT Surly sells. That's not counting the cost of racks or fenders of course. As for the Kogswell and Bleriot, I would likely seek out parts on Nashbar/Performance/eBay. Trinity Cycles offers a super cheap 650B wheelset. Probably underestimating cost a bit though. But I'll be the Kogswell could get built up for less than a grand if one was careful.