Old 07-13-07, 08:16 PM
stea1thviper

Bikes: custom built roadie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElJamoquio
Unless your TT'ing, 1 minute power is probably the most important power point (in the midwest).

And guess what ElJamoquio is worst at...
im in socal for the summer, and so far as ive seen, it's a ton important here too =)

Originally Posted by Voodoo76
What else are you doing on those days?, rest between? One key to this kind of power work is to be fairly rested before you start, and between efforts. Give yourself a chance to really max out the efforts, you arn't trying to train recovery. If you get a chance motorpacing can improve your speed as a change of pace.
tues = 5x1min intervals
wed = rest
thurs = 2 hour tempo
friday = 5x1min intervals
saturday = 1 hour of spinning
sunday = race (crits only since there is nothing else)

once every 3 weeks or so ill swap 5-6 10-15 second sprints on tuesdays instead of 1min intervals. and every couple weeks or so, ill swap 5min intervals on thursdays instead of 2 hour tempo rides. 2 hours of actual tempo (powermeter is great for this) is pretty tough but really helps my 20 min power.

i know this workout isnt as detailed or intense as some people's here, but i find that my workouts arent really effective the day after 1min intervals. my legs need the rest day. motorpacing sounds interesting, but would be hard to do around here.