POWERCRANK addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=319699

Originally Posted by gharding
Continued..

A little bit of congestion there that I get to avoid. Wee.

I guess more of Soho. Traffic really cleared up in this part and I had a nice whole lane to myself.

A lady jaywalking, screaming into her cellphone. Biking through here sucks. Construction narrows the road, people everywhere, and some dude dragging his lunch cart against traffic in the middle of the road.

Wall St., finally. Very congested with people at the top, so I get stuck walking my bike down till it turns into an actual road. On the left is the Trump building.

This is a shot in the opposite direction. The Trinity Church at the very top, NYSE is on the left, Federal Hall (with a statue of George Washington (woops!)) on the right.

Wall St and Water St., right near the coast. Helicopter coming in for a landing on the pier right next to my office.

My "parking spot" outside the Citibank building, because my building doesn't have a bike rack.

Office, sweet office. Forgot to rotate this one, so just tilt your head to the left.
Overall, I like my commute. I like riding in traffic.. it gives me a different perspective than just being a pedestrian. I think it certainly helps my attitude as a pedestrian (before, I'd think the biker was being a jackass and getting in the way, but it's really just about rushing to get the light so you're not stuck in a ton of traffic). I think it helps with the confidence as well, and it's a great alternative to the subway (oh, sweet sweet sunlight!)
Don't run red lights, wear a helmet, use hand signals, get some cycle lights(front and rear) and, FFS, don't run red lights!