Old 07-15-07, 04:37 PM
bfloyd

Bikes: vintage Raleigh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
I think you're considerations are intelligent questions. The idea of surface enervation just from light brushing of the skin might indicate more than just tendonitis, or the tendonitis might have gone far enough to now cause additional issues. In any case it'd be worth investigating that further. And maybe with another doctor, if the current one isn;t paying attention to these symptoms.
Don;t get discouraged, just keep asking the questions to get at the root of it.
If it is related to some nerve issues/damage, then it can take a while to have some healing start. But better to have a handle on it than to feel you're going through it blind.
Anyway, Questioning everything is a good approach.
Wishing you great luck in getting it all sorted.
Keep us filled in on what comes of it all - it'd be real interesting to read what you find out and hopefully eventually do get healed...
Thanks for the inspiring words! I did make another appt. with a sports medicine doctor to get another opinion. I requested the first Dr. I seen to do an MRI and see of anything showed up, but she was convinced that it was just a simple case of tendonitis and prescribed PT and rest. Sure the pain stopped after a couple of weeks of no riding but then the very first ride back on the bike was painful. When I went back to her after the PT and told her that the pain is still there, she prescribed more rest and stretching to see if that helped. I hope the new doctor does more examinating. Plus, I'm also hoping that the vitamins E and C helps as well.