View Single Post
Old 07-17-07, 08:12 PM
Jack's ABC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lifesport for service

Bike shops in Calgary are damn weird. Having spent a lot of time in UK and France, I'm used to high end bike shops being full of frames and components to build up, here its virtually just complete bikes only.

For service I always go to Lifesport in Kensington, they know their stuff and pay attention. You get the same level of attention if you are buying a $25 chain ring for your hack or a new bike. Stock is a bit limited, they will order and do ring you when the parts have arrived. If I was to pick one shop this would be it.

Vitasport - if you are a Campy addict this is the place, a shimano free heaven.

Tuxedo - They try and mean well.

Calagry Cycle - Mixed, some nice road stuff but Free riding is the staffs thing.

Ridley - The most arrogant shop in Calgary, wanted a spare part for my bike, was told that no such thing existed and I must be mad, were not impressed when I showed them the part on my bike.

Bike Shop - had some great service and bought some good stuff also had some of the exact opposit, very much depends on who's serving you and if they are busy.

Bow cycle - Went in to buy a 44 cm drop handle bar, they did not have anything in stock! terrible service that day. Went in recently on the off chance for a disk brake spare and got a 2nd hand unit for spares for $10 and great service!

Those are my thougths and experiences.