View Single Post
Old 07-18-07, 03:48 PM
redal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bassplayinbiker
I cannot verify this, but word around the campfire is that some kid could've lost his eye.

I rode the course a few hours after the race. I found many broken helmets, parts of carbon things, part of a headset, and blood stains on the road.

I should've taken pics.
Justin Williams was one of the kids that was lifeflighted. He is a good kid that is constantly hanging around my stepdaughter at the races. I have not spoken to him directly but my wife heard from a close friend that spoke with his parents and they said that he should be ok and back on the bike in a week. He suffered a deep cut to his thigh and lost a lot of blood. He went to L'Abitibi with his team to watch and support them. I was in Pennsylvania for the masters (30+) races and had a good talk with Justin on Thursday night. He was excited as he had made the track team for Junior worlds and was told that if he finished the road race and did good in the criterium (which was almost a given) he could have a chance for the road team as well. I haven't found out how the accident is going to affect him for worlds but losing a lot of blood and being off the bike for a week can't be too good. I'm hoping for the best for him.