View Single Post
Old 07-19-07, 12:00 AM
Chaco

Bikes: Scott CR1 Team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, Krink, I pretty much agree with you on everything you said, with one exception. Equipment problems have nothing to do with cardio; they have to do with experience. LOL, don't get me wrong; I'm hardly calling myself "experienced". But at least I'm partially sighted instead of totally blind.

I like the points in the list, and I think I'm pretty well prepared. I'm going to take my camera, and force myself to get off the bike at least once an hour and take some pics. I have two water bottle holders, and I'll bring two more liters in my bags, along with several baggies of Carbo Load. I wear a heart monitor whenever I exercise, so I'll keep an eye on that. I'm actually bringing 2 cell phones. And I planned my route on RouteSlip.com and printed it up for my wife.

All I can do is hope it doesn't get too hot. Usually, we have a nice marine layer in the morning, so I should have at least 5 or 6 hours of pretty temperate weather.

Now, if I don't make it after this hellaciously long thread, I'll have to go hide away in a cave somewhere!