View Single Post
Old 07-20-07, 04:51 PM
MsLizVt
Biker Chic ...

Bikes: Independent Fabrication Ti Crown Jewel, IF Steel Crown Jewel, Calfee Design Tetra, Ciocc Scandium/Carbon Road, Ciocc Cycle Cross, DeRosa Primato Saab Team Bike, Mountain Brew, Serotta Colorado LT, Serrotta Special

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grossi
Well I was torn between a Specialized Allez and Cinelli Xperience. But the place that I was checking out the Cinelli at had Wilier frames. So I asked them about the Wilier's and the guy basically gave me too good of a deal to pass up. Honestly, the only place I've seen Wiliers is on tv while watching the Tour.

It's not the lightest bike, but for my first bike I got a wicked deal. So I figure I can always make some upgrades. It's a great bike so far. It was difficult to turn down the Cinelli though especially - it was so nice!

I go to York University just outside of Toronto.

Grossi,

Welcome to Toronto! It's a great bicycle city.

I'm guessing you are pretty aware of the incidence of bicycle theft in any large city, and are prepared for it. I'd just like to confirm that it happens a lot and when that beautiful bike is gone some day it'll break your heart. I've learned to not be casual about locking and leaving my bicycles. Double and triple locking them using the best of the best locks is a good habit. I'm one who takes my bicycles inside buildings if I can. Even inside I lock them to something that makes it so people can't just ride them off. If you are living in a dorm or apartment and have the bike inside I even suggest taking the front wheel off and locking it all to something.

I shouldn't preach, but suggest reading all you can about thwarting bike theft.

Enjoy,

Liz

East Hill, great bikes!