Old 07-21-07, 05:42 PM
Monoborracho

Bikes: More than I really should own.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by chevy42083
.... but if it's been raining, this section WILL be underwater... brave at your own risk ... I have seen people ride past the hubs through it.

Hey, thanks for all the advise. I changed tires on the mountain bike to 1.95 Specialized Hemispheres before I left home, and actually wished for the 1.5 slicks. On Wednesday I went to Hershey Park and did 15 miles from the parking area back to the east and then looped back. On Thursday I headed west but turned back on Barker Cypress at the H7 ranch area as the road went under water. Even saw one small gator, maybe 2 foot long, on the pavement near the water. I turned back, then looped back to the Beltway and then to the parking area. All in all, 27 miles on day 2, so it was a good ride. Very cool and better riding weather than what I have had up in North Texas.

My only complaint would be the Lance wannabe's that ride two abreast on road bikes like they are on a highway. I can sort of see that type of riding out around the reservoir, but on the twisting and turning trail with pedestrians they are an accident waiting to happen. Some of them were rude jerks and seem to care less about walkers and other riders. I watched one of them hit a lady who was approaching them. Those guys need to learn to ride on the road if they think they are such hot roadies and get off the hike-bike paths.

I had no problem with the walkers. I mounted my bell on the back and would ring it on approaching a pedestrians. I didn't hear another bell on any other bikes and wondered why. All the walkers recognized it.

Last edited by Monoborracho; 07-21-07 at 10:25 PM.