Old 07-22-07, 01:48 PM
downtube

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by jasong
But I do feel obligated to chime in with experiences when I see a bunch of posts about how great these bikes are, and to remind people that they need to inspect a few items quickly. Isn't this part of the "open source" philosophy of your company?
I did not know repeating onself over and over is called open source....please excuse my ignorance.

How did I imply I'm an expert? Why does one need to be an expert to show that something has been improperly fabricated? Certainly BF could fabricate something incorrectly. Or ABC company. Whether or not they'll stand behind that issue is relevant.
The point is everything is imperfect in some way. An expert would be able to judge QC #'s of one company vs another to decide which has more problems. Anyone can quote problems for any brand and repeat themselves....the relevant information is frequency of issues over time for each brand. I know our frequency is much lower than our competitors. Hence I am shocked that we are being referred to as "bad"....over and over and over.

Price isn't relevant; with a $30 frame I would have complained if I had noticed that a fundamental part of the bicycle couldn't be replaced with a standard component. A $200 bike that doesn't roll does noone good.
Actually price is relevant. People expect more QC and better tolerances from $2000 bikes vs $200. $2000 judgments belong with $2000 bikes not $200 bikes.

How many customers have taken out the BB? Or gone through all the QC defects? Too many people praise the bike as being a value, and I think it is if you've gotten these issues taken care of, but there are other sides to the story. PS - most of my points that were in the post in the other thread were not related to the problems I had. THey were to the advantages of going with another company and some of the downsides of the downtube, or why some of the items in the checklist spreadsheet weren't important or a good comparison. I think you're reading too much into this, but you should respect the consequences of not standing behind your products when they have issues that came from the company. Why not offer a 5 year warranty on your bikes if they're so solid?
Not sure how many customers do this......I do know most of our customers prefer riding the bikes and they seem to ride with minimal issues.

I said it before, but I'll say it again. Our warranties are standard for the industry. Most warranties for folding bikes vary from 1-2 years purchased at the retail level, ebay warranties are usually shorter. Hence 30 day for ebay closeout bikes & 1 year on retail purchases is normal. We have the best bikes for the best price with industry standard warranties. In the future we will allow customers to purchase an extended warranty for very low prices ( in 12- 18 months ).

Thanks,
Yan
Semi-active chess player ( two time Bahamas National Champion )
Sivananda ( Bahamas ) Trained Yoga instructor ( 2013 ) and ThetaHealer since 2013
Bicycle delivery worker for Jimmy John's. Delivering is the best workout I have ever had.