View Single Post
Old 07-24-07, 06:51 PM
Grand Bois

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by evwxxx
I got some Reynolds 531 decals from Softly (Cyclomondo) awhile back. French language "mid 70's" units. I was not that pleased with the work, the green colors had not lined up with the "531" outlines correctly, giving a "ghost" image to them. I told him about it, and he told me that original 531 decals back in the day were often done no better. I have not personally seen any of the originals with this problem, but in any case I was somewhat disappointed with the decals, and probably will never use them, at least on my PX-10. At only $10 or so, it is not really worth the money and effort to send them back to Oz for replacement, which I will say he did offer to do. Oh well,,,
I bought a set recently. The quality is good, but they're not a match to the originals on my '74 PX10. They're not even the same size. I've gotten them from two other souces and Mr. Softly's are the best of the three. My PX10 isn't going to be original anyway, since I'm having Dr. Deltron paint it black and it's going to have Campy NR/SR components.