Old 07-25-07, 03:20 AM
bpohl
Disgruntled Planner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evblazer
I've sent a few notes with the situation to people in the Grapevine Government. Unfortunately they cant' do anything about the crossing of 121.
However there is a wide shoulder on the service road and if you take a sideroad it'll take you within 100 yards or an underpass. Current problem is the underpass is one way but it is 3 cars wide with only 1 lane It has huge shoulders on both sides. I suggested perhaps they should look into stripping a two way bike lane and put up appropriate signs.
Does anyone here have any experience, successfuly or not, in getting an intersection changed before/after a death due to it being a dangerous intersection?
Well, I would certainly start gathering numbers, then call whatever investigative reporting section of the news that you have in the area. I would push for more than striping and signs, though. Push for a separate curbed section for bikes. Maybe then, you'll at least get the striping and signs. At least you have realistic solutions, which would probably be much more appreciated in a government official's ears.