Old 07-25-07, 05:59 AM
dutret
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tadashi
Well, yes, I can judge my cadence from speed, so I guess I don't really need it.

I train for sprint, so I don't do long distances.

So, how much is a basic wireless cycle computer? Also, I should be able to put it on my stem (a quill one).
$20 but you;ll have to figure out how to get it on your stem yourself.

If you want one that's meant to mount on the stem it's going to limit your options a lot.

this will be the last time I tell you this but since you never acknowledged it before I will reiterate:

Track sprinters are born not made. If you are not blessed with the ability to easily add lots of fast twitch muscle trying to become a sprinter is going to be a very frusterating pursuit. Further the extreme specialization of track sprinting will limit your ability to take parts in other aspects of cycling. It's not like road sprinting where you have to train so that you can get through the rest of the race and the wind up before you can sprint.

If you have not been racing I highly suggest you work on a more generalized training program and then see where you should specialize later. I say this both as someone who tried hard to compete in disciplines that didn't suit my body for years and as someone who realizes the limits that sprint training has put on my general riding abilities. I love sprints but they aren't for eveyone.