Old 07-27-07, 08:32 PM
Fast Eddie
gravity speed freek

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
suicide brake gravity bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have wanted to try this for a long time and its finally done!!! im sure ill paint or add stuff her or there but the test ride tonight went great! this is a 20" girls schwinn frame that i painted white for a different incarnation a few years ago, the fork and stem came off a smaller bike, and those are 16" wheels w/ white wall tires - it sets the whole thing lower. i cut the center brace out of a set of bmx bars and those bars are now footrests....i mounted them to the underside of the frame by sawing off the stem that goes into the steer tube and bolting the knuckle to the kickstand mount. i sawed off the crank arm from the riders left side, and bolted a section of handlebars to the right crank arm - this is the hand brake...when ya pull back on it the coaster brake is engaged. and yes...on the back...thats a wheelie bar! i used another handlebar stem bolted to one of the down tubes to keep the hand brake from going too far forward, and the forward roll of the wheel keeps it from coming back. the seat post is the handle off of an old excercise bike. the stickers, license plate, etc...came from a stack of that kind of crap that i keep. on the riders right handlebar is a whir machine to make more noise!!!! rat-n-roll babeeee!!!! i hope y'all like it, and i hope that it still qualifies as a rat even though ya cant actually pedal it. fast eddie outty