Old 07-28-07, 09:22 PM
madmos

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got new mtb now the dilemma of which bike to ride

As some here may recall. I just got into cycling a few weeks ago and picked up a left over 06 c-dale synapse. I have been having a great time pushing myself to go further and at greater speeds while exploring the surrounding areas. And shedding a little weight in the process.

But my wife wanted nothing to do with a road bike. So I picked up a giant cypress for her. When we would ride together it was actually quite difficult to go at her pace on the roadie. You almost can't pedal. It did not feel like I was getting any exercise yet she would be tired pretty quickly. So I figured what a great excuse to pick up another bike to use when we ride together.

I looked at some hybrids similar to the cypress but maybe a little more aggressive. Trek fx, jamis coda etc... But it was killing me knowing the bike would have no purpose for me except for the "sunday ride" so I started looking at mtb bikes. Figured a hybrid is a cross between a roadie and a mtb and already having the roadie why not get the real deal and go for a mtb.

So I did. Picked up an 07 giant yukon today. It is great for "dumming down" the ride on family ride day, as I discovered today when we hit the paths for an after dinner ride. Plus I am now discovering all the great off road trails in the area around here. And there are quite a few.

Well tomorrow the wife has to work and now I can't decide, do I want to go do my typical 1-2 hour road ride or take the mtb out to the trails?

Life is just filled with these tough decisions

Either way I will be out pedaling and burning more fat. Lord knows I can use it!

Anyone else balance their rides between off road and road? Or are most committed to one type of riding?