View Single Post
Old 07-29-07, 08:33 AM
notzofast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tail light suggestions

I need a tail light for my bike. Mostely for day time, but sometimes for night as well. I like the nashbar 9 LED light. BUT, it has a flimpsy bracket which breaks when stressed.

Such as when I fall off my bike to the side. Happens whenever I crash. I crash when I stop in emergencies and my shoes are still engaged. Disengaging SPD shoes in case of emergencies is something you learn, and I still need to learn it more. Just like firing a gun in critical situation, or soldier's training, etc, it's not something I can be thinking off, it must be absorbed into my head before that can happen.

Anyway, when I fall off my bike the damn light breaks at the braket. I had the flipsy nashbar bracket break on me, then I rigged a more rigid bracket from reflectors and it broke off too.

Problem with these brakets is that they are plastic.

Thus I'm looking for a light that will not break when I fall or crash. Please help.

I've looked at Blackburn Mars 3.0, and it looks alright. However, I'd prefer nashbar style light but with a metal bracket. More flashing modes, standard batteries, and cheaper.

I hoping one of you knows of a light that is fall and crash prove, or that one of you rigged a cheap light with some metal bracket. Let me know.

Thanks.