Old 07-31-07, 08:36 AM
Coyote2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Actually I am using the 1.7 column. The are Wheelsmith spokes and for whatever reason they actually run 2.0/1.7/2.0 rahter than 2.0/1.8/2.0.

I just stopped by my LBS and they said they wouldn't ride the wheel. Then they gave me a bunch of **** for buying stuff off the internet..it's a crap rim...if you bought it from us would could just replace it for you...blah blah blah...I tried to explain to them that they can't get them through their normal channels and wheel builders much better than the ones they have say these rims are good.

Looking at the rims and the buldges closer it looks like it ISN'T the nipple but rather higer up (just slightly)...and thinking back I think it is all my fauly...also my count is off there are 3 of them.

Me thinks it is time to buy a new rim for the front.

There is no magic involved in wheelbuilding...Your LBS probably does have mechanics who can build wheels as well as the builders who are so often extolled on this forum. I would trust the LBS' opinion over that of a "legendary" wheelbuilder's telephone diagnosis.