View Single Post
Old 07-31-07, 09:32 AM
kraftwerk 
my nice bike is at home

Bikes: 2011 BMC Race Machine / 2012 BMC Road Machine / Trek 2300 / '90's Merlin/ '70's Raleigh 20/ Ti-'swift' folder / Erickson w/S&S couplers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 24 Posts
I have ridden to Basel-Mulhouse Airport,in France From Weil Germany just accross the boarder. There is a bike path all the way there. I have ridden from JFK to Manhattan... No bike path, quite an adventure. Another thing to think about is that a lot of major Aiports have Post offices, it would be possible , say to mail an empty box to your departure hotel if the trip is long enopugh and the mail reliable and the Hotel cooperative. The other thing to do is use cardboard leave it at the airport for someone to re-use/ re-cycle. and get a new box from a bike shop on the way home. carring the box to the airport could prove diffificult. you may have to cab it to the departure airport in order to ride away from the arrival airport.

Mr. Allen says: "Normally I find traveling stressful and tiring. I don't much like driving in unfamiliar cities
and often get lost. Getting lost in heavy traffic is particularly bad as it feels like each missed turn is a potentially catastrophic mistake. Instead I arrived full of energy and good cheer and about a half hour earlier than I usually would have."

Last edited by kraftwerk; 07-31-07 at 09:45 AM.