Old 08-01-07, 09:52 AM
ericcox
Trying to keep up

Bikes: Pinarello Prince, Orbea Onix, Ridley Fenix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 79 Posts
To the OP -- I have this same bike (I assume onix tdf with ultegra all around, FSA crank, & ksyrium equipes). It's easily the highest end bike I have owned, or will own for some time (and is my current dream bike). I cannot comment much on racing, as I have done all of one 1 race in the last 7-8 years, but I did notice in my 1 race a few weeks ago that I kept up with and beat many of the folks on more expensive equipment (including the guy with an ergomo and zipps in the C race), but was also beat by one guy runnning downtube shifters. And I know the equipes have been trashed by some as heavy and flexy, but I like them too. They roll well and have yet to need to be trued, in spite of more than a few potholes and bad street impacts.

All that being said, if I could do any upgrade I wanted on the bike, it would probably be to some more aero wheels. If I had real hills around here, I might consider eventually shifting a few components for weight. But for the time being, all that is in my future is more training.

But this was all about me, not about you. If you've got the money, go for some wheels.