Old 08-03-07, 04:42 PM
EvilV
Bicycling Gnome

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by simsles
I have not ridden the A Bike (perhaps I should before voicing an opinion) but I think that Clive Sinclair has made a mistake with this machine. Whilst realising the need for a compac fold, a 6" wheeled folder is not competing with other folding bikes - it is competing with walking!
Surely you can walk faster, further, safer and cheaper than you could on such a machine.
Walking is free and no-one can steal your feet!
I predict that the A Bike will go the same way as the Sinclair C5 (i.e nowhere!).
In the sixties and seventies, Sinclair created some spectaular successes with early calculators, tiny personal radios and small home computers. Since then, he has spent about twenty five years creating ludicrous and laughable transport solutions all of which have suffered from the same identical and hideous flaws; tiny wheels, far too much use of plastic, patheticly poor grasp of the engineering needs of a reliable transport solution.

As far as I am concerned, something blike the Brompton, the Tickit or something looking similar, are the best, most reliable and longlasting personal transport solution for multi mode journeys and city riding. Whoever funds Sinclairs abortive transport solutions should have his head examined; he might as well toss millions of pounds out of the window.

The guy seems incapable of learning a lesson. Castors are for the corners of moveable furniture, not bikes.

Last edited by EvilV; 08-04-07 at 03:05 AM.