Old 08-04-07, 08:56 AM
paternij

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help with messenger bag (Chrome sizing and etc.)

I know this has been hashed out before, but your advise is, nevertheless, appreciated. I've heard the mantra that you should always size up, but i'm equally concerned with limiting weight and keeping my commute to work as sweat-free as possible.....

I'm a teacher, and I'm stoked to be changing schools as I'm now within easy bike commuting distance. My ride to school is only about five miles, but is mostly up-hill and it gets hot here in North Carolina.

I'll be carrying the following to work: a change of clothes, one heavy textbook, stacks of student papers, maybe a paperback or two. On the weekends: a laptop, occasional 12 pack of beer, small grocery store runs.

Is the Chrome Citizen going to give me enough room, or do I need to size up to the Metropolis?

Also--I'm pretty much set on Chrome, but I like the Bailey bags too. Thoughts on the appropriate size from BaileyWorks? Any reason why I should spend the extra money on a Bailey bag?

And finally--I've heard that Chrome bags are made in the US, but can't confirm that from looking at their website. I know that Bailey makes all their product in New Hampshire. If you can confirm the Chrome manufacturing status, that would allow me to order from them free of a conscience dillema.

Thanks-----------Joshua