View Single Post
Old 08-04-07, 11:23 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by ladrones
Thanks for the comments Mr.Beanz. My goal of shedding pounds will come with continued diet and exercise. For the most part the 50 lbs I have dropped so far is from the diet and kettlebells. I have built a good deal of strength with the 2 poods. The bike has been just mostly fun stuff of course it has helped greatly with stamina. Plus it's a hell of alot funner than walking.

I have not heard about SS and knee issues. I would be mostly useing my ss on hard pack and pavement and some errands around town. Also I will be taking my bike on the commuter train to ride the 3 miles one way from the station to work and then back to the station. I doubt I will be doing any centuries in the near future.

I have done alot of reading today on the 29ers and tried a few out today also. I just weigh to much for one currently. I will have to drop more weight before I purchase one.

Thanks for the tip on the knees I will research it more. Do you know were I can find some more data on the SS and knee concerns? Any studies?
I call my left "automatic Cruise Control". When it's tired of going faster I level.

I am not calling my bike "weight control" either...I prefer to use it to reach stamina goals. If you've traditionally had trouble losing due to medicines or or factors, it still pays to "be able to get up that hill regularly without stopping or as little stopping as possible" or my favorite friendly jab about blowing past all the old guys in Lycra shorts with 15 gears with one leg tied behind my head in a yoga position...

Hey! I wobble slow on my feet sometimes but I refuse to RollSLOW. Sorry, but I love that bugger. Even the most mundane trip is fun if you pedal. Not if you need to go to Salt Lake maybe, hire the Silver DOG!