View Single Post
Old 06-12-04, 05:35 AM
TrekRider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WAR85
Well you got a hell of a deal then. I went on and bought the 2004 Buenos Aires, paid $2000 for it. I may have paid alittle on the high side, but I'm sure when the bike gets here(should only take a week) I will not care wow much I paid for it. The LBS owner said that the 04 Buenos Aires goes for $2091, but he sold it to me for $2000. I can't wait to get it. I'm going to take it out for a 50 mile ride on the first day!
The Zurich once listed for almost $2500, but when I bought it, the list had dropped to $2300 and I got it for $2230.

Personally, I would not recommend going all out the first day. There is a possibility that some parts need "shaking out," especially the wheel set. On mine, the rear wheel developed a severe wobble after about 30 miles and I had to have it re-trued. Two spokes had worked loose, as sometimes happens. Another 50 miles and two more worked loose, but I was carrying a spare spoke wrench and fixed the problem on the spot. Also, the rear derailleru cable streched and needed adjustment, but that is a minor thing that you should be able to handle.