View Single Post
Old 08-07-07, 07:19 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by BeckyW
I also had a rough ride yesterday, after 4 forced days off (bike in the shop - it's finally back, was the bottom bracket. you were all correct). I was only able to go 6 miles, even though I'd planned on repeating the 12 mile route. I was riding 1-2 gears lower than normal, and after every hill, even little ones, I had to stop - felt like I was going to puke. After 3 miles, started feeling headachy, so decided to turn back. Got home and just sat on the floor feeling sick for about 20 minutes, but was OK after a cool shower and food.

I don't know if it was the time off that did it, or a change in diet (I also dropped calories 500 lower, about 5 days ago). I think I was hydrated - was sweating profusely and drinking a lot.

I'd like to figure it out too.
My guess is the change in diet and the heat. Also, pardon my saying so, you aren't in the best physical shape to begin with - and neither am I. Lance Armstrong taking four days off is different than you or I.

BTW, I'm back on the bike for the first time since Thursday. I'm commuting today in 95 degree weather. Wish me luck!