View Single Post
Old 08-07-07, 07:56 PM
prestonjb
ld-cyclist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I tend to take an aproach not so much to taper before an event like this but to simply fill in extra time to prepare.... This includes double checking passport, air tix, also doing things around the house... Getting forms to postpone mail service... and so on...

I do recommend not to do too much interval training however due to the reasons above where it is possible to sprain a muscle or even injur a back muscle etc...

Two weeks back was my last long distance ride as training... where I rode from Ft Lauderdale to Naples (165 miles) spent the night and rode back. I'm still riding daily when possible but steady riding with no sprints... Speed is a bit reduced but I still follow out the sprint group as a starting lead up to the 30mph and then I just hold and pull over to let them go to town...

I'm getting ready to pack the bike tonight-and-tomorrow but I have a spare bike to ride until Friday... This Saturday I fly to London where I won't be able to get on the bike for around 5 days later when I get to Paris and assemble it and take it on a test ride.... I may do a bit on the Ourcq Canal Bike Route for this....

Then some more non-bike stuff until Sunday...