View Single Post
Old 08-08-07, 11:07 AM
brodie

Bikes: 76 raleigh grand sport, 1970s motobecane grand record and,a peugeot.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
im glad that you walked away from the crash. you were lucky you had that helmet.better that cracked than youre noggin. i was out hanging a sign the other day and,about 20 kids came from the baseball field rippin around this corner on their bikes. well i had been there maybe 2 hours and,from all of the cars going by,i had heard the car tires crunching sand. so just when it popped into my head to yell down and,to tell these kids to slow down going around that corner thru the sand, the accident happens.

the boy tried to put on his brakes and,when they grabbed he went right over the bars,with the bike on top of him and,took two other kids out. just when im thinking that somebodys on the way to the e.r.,the kids all get up,the first boy is crying his heart out,but besides some road rash,he looked to be okay. but if i had gone over my bars like that,i would probably still be laying there.
i have gone out a couple of times without my helmet.but i didnt enjoy the ride,cause i was always tught and,on guard against something bad going down.
you have gotta have that helmet on,cause knowbody knows when, or where there gonna be eating pavement.
i have finally got some cycling gloves,which i have to train myself to make a necessity.because i know when i go down,im gonna stick a hand or two out to try to break my fall. so better the gloves get chewed up than my digits.