View Single Post
Old 08-08-07, 02:12 PM
Bike enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThinLine
So its hotter than hell here in Pa. and thought I would get my usual daily 20 miles in before 9 am. Just stopped raining and off I go........get to my loop and start my ride......first portion of loop is always out of the saddle due to 1/4 mile incline........sit back at crest and work the crank for a ...BAM...this bee hits me in the face falls down onto my descent strato X shorts (awesome shorts) and stings me on the inner thigh. I'm doing 19.8 mph and proceed to meticulously pull the stinger from my thigh...the little bulb of poision is still visable at the end of the barb/stinger. this all takes place with one hand while still maintaining a drop to 18.2mph.
Start to get this nervous sensation..so I figure I'll just crank out the pain and poision...Hurts like hell.
Get home...immediately pour alcohol on it and swells up with bloody mess. Only for a few seconds.

Riding with insects feedback welcome.

Nutshell version: Went for ride, got stung by bee.
Almost the same thing happened to me the other day!!!!

I was cycling at about 20 mph and a bee got in between my lense and my eye. It got trapped in there for a few seconds and panicked, so it stung me right below the eye (thankfully not IN the eye!). I had to stop another passing cyclist to examine me since I couldn't see the little puncture....

I guess it could have been a lot worse...