View Single Post
Old 08-08-07, 03:28 PM
late

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10261 Post(s)
Liked 480 Times in 376 Posts
Originally Posted by slimvela View Post
I like the red herrings I'm reading, i'll add one more.

So what was the "cause of global cooling" during the 80's. Anyone else remember reading articles of how the Earth was going through a major climate shift that would send the planet into another Ice Age? Does that mean that overdid it when it came to changing our lifestyles to stop "global cooling" as they believed?

How funny that many think we have an affect on the planet so great that we can cause such an impact either way.

This thread delivers in entertainment value
//
"I like the red herrings"

<> ditto <>

"So what was the "cause of global cooling" during the 80's."

<> There was a scientist that tried the idea out; but it got shot down almost immediately. The Press loved it, so you saw story after story about even though the idea never received any acceptance by the scientific community. <>

"Anyone else remember reading articles of how the Earth was going through a major climate shift that would send the planet into another Ice Age? Does that mean that overdid it when it came to changing our lifestyles to stop "global cooling" as they believed?"

<> I don't remember anyone proposing anything vis a vis global cooling. <>

"How funny that many think we have an affect on the planet so great that we can cause such an impact either way."

<> Let's see, we have exterminated thousands of species, changed the climate, and altered the landscape on a massive scale. <>

"This thread delivers in entertainment value"

<> Yes, it does. Thanks for bringing up the mouldy oldies <>