HopedaleHills
Streetfire

Bikes: Trek 1200c, BMC Streetfire, Gary Fisher Wahoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Just One of Those Nights

A couple weeks ago there was a thread about those days when the ride is just magical because everything clicks. Well, last night I had the opposite. We took off for our nightly 12-mile loop through town and the first thing I noticed was that the humidity was really bad, 91F and about 1000% humidity. We have to climb a small 4% hill right out of our driveway, now usually my legs are fresh and I don't even really notice it, but my legs felt like lead and I had a pain in the lower back. It wasn't looking good but I figured this would all work itself out in a few miles. It never did. I felt like crap the entire ride, calves hurt, quads hurt, back hurt, I was just a mess. Then to make matters worse, on one of the hills I get dropped by a kid on a Xmart MTB. I stayed on his wheel and the little stinker was doing 17.5mph up a 5% grade. At the top he took a left and I breathed a sign of relief. I barely was able to pedal the last 4%, 1 mile hill to get back to our neighborhood. The funny thing was my wife commented after the ride that she was struggling too. Can the humidity do this when you aren't used to it.

But, I did have on clothes that matched my bike, which matched my shoes, so at least I looked good.