View Single Post
Old 08-09-07, 03:20 PM
Aloyzius
Thawing Member

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker, Soma ES, Vintage Bob Jackson Audax, Raleigh Frankenbike., Bianchi Eros, Bianchi Alloro.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yes!! Ruth's rocks! My favorite is autumn there, when you can sit on the patio, and look at the changing leaves. Ruth's is a classic.

Emigration is awesome. Right now there is some rather inconvenient, and possibly treacherous construction up there. But luckily this stretch isn't long. I believe it's one of the easier canyons to ride. Not so steep, and plenty of little flat stretches that let you recover. Then the road swoops upward near the end, and does a couple switchbacks before the summit of Little Mountain. There you can look way down into Parley's Canyon, and see I-80 and the reservoir.

You should also check out City Creek. It's a little narrower, but closed to cars on odd days of the month. Singletrack for roadies, I like to call it. It's gorgeous, and it is amazing that you can totally get away, when you're only a few miles from downtown.

Come anytime. Bring your climbing legs.

Last edited by Aloyzius; 08-09-07 at 03:22 PM. Reason: I need to learn to proof read before I post.