View Single Post
Old 08-10-07, 05:07 PM
AminF3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seconds from Disaster

So I don't normally post around here, just peruse. But now is as good a time as any to start.
So here's my inaugural crazy story:
Yesterday I was on a ride doing about 25mph (slightly downhill) along a residential area that was heavily forested. Along my right side was a wooden fence about 3 feet high (the ones with the roughly cut triangular wood pieces). Ahead of me was some runner who decided to run on the wrong side of the road so I checked over my shoulder for traffic coming up behind me so I could move out into the lane to avoid him. As I did so, I heard him yell "watch out." I thought it was impossible that I had misjudged his distance by that much so I turned back around ready to swerve to avoid running into him.
Instead, out of the corner of my eye, I see a large brown blob taking flight. As I'm just turning my head back around, I don't get a clear shot of it, but instead just hear 4 hooves clicking along the top of the fence. Next thing I know there's a deer landing on the road in front of me less than 3 feet from my handlebars. Luckily I was able to swerve out of the way while it ran on past but needless to say I was thoroughly scared.
Anybody had similar experiences?